Safety – First and Always!
Vivek High School is committed to facilitate an integrated approach to health and safety of its students. The two infirmaries set up in the junior wing and the senior wing respectively provides access to health services in an integrated, systemic manner at the school level. We combine health education, health promotion, and disease prevention strategies for more effective and holistic health care of our students.
The aims of the Infirmaries are to:
1. Ensure the health and safety of all students, staff and visitors on the campus.
2. Ensure that staff is aware of their responsibilities with regards to health and safety.
3. Provide a framework for responding to an incident related to a health issue/injury followed by recording and reporting the outcomes.
4. Ensuring that adequate space is available for catering to the medical needs of students, staff and visitors.
5. A record of basic medical Performa of each student is maintained. Probable risk assessments are completed and appropriate measures are put in place.
The school’s appointed ‘Nurses’ are responsible for the following:
1. Acting as first responders to any incidents, they assess the situation where there is an injured or ill person to provide immediate and appropriate first aid.
2. In case of emergencies requiring any treatment beyond the scope or capability of ‘The School Infirmary’, it is recommended that the patient be transferred to a full-fledged hospital.
3. Ensuring that all staff is aware of first aid procedures and is trained from time to time.
4. Ensuring that there is an adequate supply of medical material in the Infirmary and first aid kits are available in common areas.
5. Ensuring that vehicle facility is available for emergency transfer to the nearest hospital.
6. Keeping medical history/record of each student.
7. Catering to the special medical needs of students with conditions such as juvenile diabetes and epilepsy.
8. Reporting specified incidents to the school authorities and parents immediately when necessary and as per policy.
9. Administration of prescribed medicine to students as per written requests by the parents.