The counsellors at Vivek High aim at looking forward to a progressive year ahead with an opportunity to give our children a good foundation with a team of four counsellors linking the childs’s present and future . The aim of the counselling department is to bridge the gap between different areas of education. The counselling department is available throughout the year for the children for individual counselling which may be: 1 Initiated by the parents 2 Referred by the teachers 3 Need base of the students. Alongwith the specific roles ,all the counsellors conduct the personality development classes as a regular feature .These classes help children develop basic life skills and knowledge, creativity , ability to think and reason logically , being sensitive to others and grow up as worthy and sensible citizens .The counseling department has three major pillars: 1. Psychology & General Counselling Cell 2. Career Counselling Cell 3. Special Education Cell
CAREER COUNSELLING CELL
The Career Counselling Cell of Vivek High endeavours to enlighten ,guide ,assist and fortify the senior students on the national & international fronts with respect to educational trends and future career perspective .It guides the students to make clear decisions for the future , based on their individual potential . Major Attractions :
- Career Program: The Annual Career Program is conducted by the Career Counselling Cell of the Counselling department.Seminars, exhibitions,displays,tips,handouts,mock tests and individual interaction to provide details on the career front for senior students are an integral part of this program.
- Career Profile: As an endeavour ,to help and guide our students and parents, make thoughtful and right choices for future ,an individual Career Profile is prepared for the benefit of every Grade-X student.
- Entrance Exams : Mock tests are arranged with the help of experts in the concerned field ,from time to time to remain abreast with the latest in education.
- Tips: Regular tips ,write ups ,surveys and research on various issues like exam stress ,time management ,education & career trends etc. concerning senior students are specially designed to facilitate our students.
- Information & Alerts: Information related to national as well as international opportunities is available with the Career Counsellor. Timely alerts and announcements regarding forthcoming entrance exams, scholarships, admissions etc. are provided to facilitate the students.
Special Education Cell
The special education cell caters to the special needs of the students who need support and sensitized approach in handling academics, behavioural and various other aspects.
Once the screening is done, if need be, the special educators refer the child to the government institution for a complete psycho educational assessment so that the child can be guided in a way which would prove beneficial for his/her further progress.
Special educators have been handling the cases of dyslexia (specific Learning Disability), Dyscalculia, Dysgraphia (writing Disorder), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), and autism. These students are availing various concessions and exemptions according to their specific needs and CBSE guidelines.
Certain parameters have been set for the internal and the CBSE concessions to be available for the students who have been diagnosed with learning disorder and autism.
The concessions and facilities for students with special needs help them feel more confident of themselves in the mainstream education.